Saturday, August 1, 2009

Round of Applause for holding out this long

I tip my hat to Tom Manos, the now former Deputy Chief of Staff for Finance.  Effective today he is retiring for the administration.  I can't say I blame him and bravo for staying on the extra month.  When it was clear there is still a lot of work to do on the budget I think he figured now was the best time.  I saw him give a presentation and he certainly knew his stuff.  

Eileen Klein will be taking his place and I have heard nothing but good things about her.  Hopefully they'll be done with this budget and can start focusing on fixing the issues that will certainly pop up in the '10 budget and the tsunami which is the '11 budget.  I'm sure Manos is going to really enjoy his first weekend in a long long time.

No comments: